When you need a hearty breakfast for a demanding day, then a breakfast burrito is what you need. As an added bonus it can be taken on the go. There are many different ways to make such a burrito so use this as a framework and let yourself get creative. Watch this video for a folding technique.
3/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup(s) onion -- red or yellow, diced
6 slice(s) turkey bacon -- (or replace with leftover meat chopped small)
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning -- or any other favorite spice
1/4 tsp salt
4 whole wheat tortillas -- or large white flour
1. Whisk eggs together in small bowl. Chop onion. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Add onion and turkey bacon. After approx. 4 min. onions should begin to look softer and see-through around the edges. Remove bacon and chop small.
3. Meanwhile, heat tortillas one by one in a separate dry pan on medium/low heat. When they are warm and soft, roll into an “empty” burrito and set aside.
4. Add mixed eggs, cheese along with chopped bacon to onions in pan and stir frequently to keep from burning on the bottom. When eggs don’t look “wet” at all, turn off heat and move pan to cool burner. Season with cajun seasoning and salt along with pepper to taste.
5. Open tortillas one at a time, place 1/4 of egg mixture along center and roll closed. Repeat for others. Serve with seasonal fruit and hot tea.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: sour cream, mashed or refried beans, or a dash of sesame oil added when cooking onions gives a subtle difference, cilantro, parsley, leftover potatoes, julienned spinach, salsa, avocado, cooked bell peppers, etc..