Salmon is one of the very best suppliers of Omega 3 fatty acids, something that most of us are sorely deficient in. The orange of the salmon contrasts well with the dark green color of spinach salad, a beautiful and healthy companion to this entree.
12 oz(s) salmon -- with bones and skin
1 cup(s) dried bread crumbs
3/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese -- shredded
3/4 cup(s) corn
1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon -- cut into wedges
1/2 cup(s) Greek style yogurt
1 tbsp horseradish
2 bunch spinach
1. Drain salmon and place in medium sized bowl.
2. Combine salmon through egg in bowl, but use only half of bread crumbs.
3. Make the salmon mixture into 8 patties (for 4 yield), then cover both sides of patties with remaining breadcrumbs.
4. Heat frying oil in large frying pan. Place patties in pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Add more oil, flip patties, and cook on the other side for 5 more minutes.
5. Lightly steam the spinach and season with vinegar, or vinegar mixed with some of the dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce: Combine 1/2 c. plain, Greek style or regular yogurt with 1 Tbsp. horseradish. Add more to taste. (Could also use plain ketchup, tartar sauce, or lemon juice for seasoning the patties.)